The Queensland Branch of the Australian Tunnelling Society invites members and guests to join us for a one-day Tunnel Systems workshop. The speakers will present industry experience in the areas of Safety, Design, Construction and operations and maintenance for tunnel systems from recent projects in Australia.
Opening Address Chair Tino Ferrero
Kate Cole – Industry collaboration on silica dust control
Kate is an Engineer & Certified Occupational Hygienist who has worked in the construction industry for almost two decades on projects in Australia and internationally. She holds degrees in Science, Engineering and Occupational Hygiene. Named as one of the Top 100 Women of Influence by the Australian Financial Review and a Winston Churchill Fellow, Kate is a passionate advocate for preserving the health of Australian construction workers and addressing of silica dust exposure in the construction industry. Kate is currently supporting Sydney Metro as the Occupational Health and Hygiene Manager.
Scott Keniston Brisbane Metro
Bob Allen – Sydney Harbour Tunnel Operations
Derek Edwards – Moving People Underground Safely (Tunnel Service)
Derek Edwards is a Technical Direction in the tunnel services group of Aurecon with almost 30 years general professional experience of which more than 20 years has included tunnel ventilation and tunnel services. During this time Derek has carried out technical advisor roles to government an semi government bodies, detail design roles on a variety of projects including:
- The three Brisbane road tunnels (Clem 7, Airport Link and Legacy Way) from pre-feasibility through Environmental approval, reference design and tender and detailed design review.
- Waterview Connection (SH20) in Auckland, value engineering, tender and detailed design review.
- Mt Victoria and Lyttleton tunnels refurbishment assessment
- Westconnex New M5 detailed design
- Westgate tunnel detailed design
- Melbourne Metro reference design
- City Rail Link (Auckland) reference design
Leon Van den Berg BBE Consulting
Followed by Evening Networking function hosted by ATS Young Members
Sponsorship Opportunities Available:
- Platinum Sponsor: $2000 Includes 2 registrations, prominent marketing opportunity including banner and logo on mailouts
- Gold Sponsor: $1000 Includes 1 registration, prominent marketing opportunity including banner and logo on mail outs
- Silver Sponsor: $500 marketing opportunity including banner and logo on mail outs
- Post workshop Evening Networking Sponsor X2 $500 each Banners & brief speaking opportunity
- All sponsors will have acknowledgement at the event and in the ATS journal
- Corporate merchandise welcome
- Ea and ATS Member Rate: $95.00 ($86.36 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $150.00 ($136.36 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $50.00 ($45.45 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $150.00 ($136.36 excl. GST)
1300 653 113