Please note the event start and finish times below:
5.30pm - Guest Arrival and Registration
6.00pm - Event Commences
8.30pm - Event Concludes
Assessing the safety of emerging future technology – TMR’s Cooperative and Automated Vehicle Initiative (CAVI)
Nicholas Brook, Principal Project Engineer, Cooperative and Automated Vehicle Initiative, TMR
Ensuring vehicles on our road comply with safety requirements is essential to the Safe System Approach, this includes exploring emerging technologies and the impact of their integration into our road system.
TMR’s Cooperative and Automated Vehicle Initiative (CAVI) is a four year program to pilot and assess a number of cooperative intelligent transport systems (C-ITS), including vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) safety applications, and to undertake research using a couple of cooperative and automated vehicles.
This presentation will focus on the C-ITS Pilot, where European-compliant C-ITS devices will be retro-fitted to around 500 public and fleet vehicles and arterial and motorway infrastructure, in and around the City of Ipswich. This is the largest C-ITS pilot planned in Australia to date.
The objectives of the initiative include the following:
• validate the impacts and safety benefits of C-ITS, and user perceptions
• demonstrate technologies and build public awareness and uptake
• grow government’s technical and organisational readiness
• encourage partnerships and build capability in private and public sectors.
The presentation will provide an update of our progress across these objectives.
The event registration fee includes a meal and drink on arrival. There is a networking session prior to the presentation commencing at 7pm.
Registration for this event will close at 5pm on 18 January
- Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Guest of MEMBER: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $10.00 ($9.09 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $60.01 ($54.55 excl. GST)
- Guest of NON-MEMBER: $60.01 ($54.55 excl. GST)
1300 653 113