Image credit: Bianco Precast
Join Engineers Australia Structural Branch (SA) and Bianco Precast for an exclusive site tour of their facility in Gepps Cross. This facility is home to South Australia’s only prestressed beam manufacturing facility with capacity to produce beams up to 1800mm deep. Bianco Precast have a history in evolving their facility to cater for current design and project requirements tailored to customer needs. Since 2005, the largest required beams have grown from 1200mm to 1800mm deep requiring their production staff to continually find new infrastructure and production solutions. Bianco Precast remains the sole SA manufacturer of Super-Tees.
During this tour you will see:
• Fully undercover factory casting and storage area of 5000m2
• 86m long in-ground beam stressing bed with a 80m long hot water cured mould
• Four above ground stress beds - 125m, 110m, 60m and 25m in length
• 40m long transportable stress bed with hot water curing
• Two 45 tonne overhead gantry cranes
• 25 tonne mobile Franna crane
About the Speaker
Gordon Wilson, Structural Engineer, Construe Engineers
Gordon Wilson has many years of experience in design, manufacture and erection/construction of precast concrete elements. Gordon was the designer and construction manager for the Bianco Precast Super-Tee manufacturing facility at the Bianco Precast Gepps Cross site.
To attend this site tour you must wear closed-in shoes.
A hi-visibility vest, safety glasses and a hard hat will be provided upon arrival.
- EA Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- EA Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113