Building materials, construction and design methods are evolving rapidly often without the engineer’s knowledge. Continuous span roof trusses assume a rigid support system which is incompatible with AS2870 design deflection assumptions. Brett Bolden will introduce these issues. The panel discussion will include Peter Harmer, Katrich Dodd presenting the Building Certifiers Perspective.
Dense infill construction is pushing our designs beyond the guidance provided by the Standards. Building on sites where trees and timber floored houses have been removed is now common place.
John Goldfinch, FMG Engineering: The Need to Design for Trees Removed and Previous Timber Floored Houses – Case Studies
Brett Bolden, MiTek: Continuous Span Roof Trusses and Reactive Clay Soils, Pitfalls to Avoid
Peter Bayetto, Brett Bolden, John Goldfinch and Peter Harmer
- Continuous Span Roof Trusses. Is there a demonstrated issue in SA?
- Who checks the compatibility of the various design streams?
- A Possible Model for House Subfloor Drying Surface Movement with Calculated Examples
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113