Get 15% off your next EEA training course - exclusive benefit for Engineers Australia members.
An Engineering Education Australia training course:
Clear and engaging business writing which communicates your message first time not only achieves results, but also creates an impression that is professional, knowledgeable and powerful.
Participants will examine and use current business writing strategies and processes that can be applied to a range of business documents such as emails, letters, and short reports. They will acquire skills required to tailor their writing to suit a diverse range of audiences, overcome ‘writers block’ and craft strong, clear writing based on best practice principles.
Who should attend?
Ideal for engineers at all levels who are looking to improve their written communication skills, as well as related professionals including HR, finance, operational, customer service, scientists and support staff.
Full course outline
1. Analyse your audience and purpose
- write easily understood letters and emails which are tailored to your reader(s)
- integrate the appropriate tone in your writing from emails to formal reports
2. Plan and organise relevant information
- use practical techniques to organise and structure relevant information
3. Write clearly and with impact
- generate the appropriate tone using strategies such as the active voice
- write with accuracy and clarity reflecting the principles of plain English
- construct strong sentences and paragraphs
- use headings and lists effectively
- adopt effective strategies and guidelines for the final quality check
- use current standards to format information
4. Check for quality assurance
Build your Chartered competencies
This training course builds skills and knowledge in the following Engineers Australia Chartered status competencies*:
*Completing this course does not automatically guarantee a competency, it provides participants with the underpinning knowledge required to develop specific Chartered competencies.
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
1300 653 113