Based in Tasmania, Australia, Elphinstone Pty Ltd is an established Caterpillar Original Equipment Manufacturer with over 40 years’ experience in the mining industry. Elphinstone specialises in the design, manufacture and support of quality equipment for the global underground, surface mining and rail maintenance industries.
Current products include the Haulmax extended distance, off-highway haul truck; the technologically advanced Railmax road-rail excavator and Elphinstone underground mining support vehicles. As an authorised Caterpillar Original Equipment Manufacturer, all Elphinstone products are sold and supported via the global Cat dealer network.
Elphinstone Pty Ltd has three manufacturing facilities located at:
1. Ormsby Street, Wivenhoe - State of the art, single flow, multi model manufacturing facility for all of our CAT OEM products including our range of Elphinstone underground support vehicles, Haulmax 3900 off highway trucks and Railmax Road Rail Excavators.
2. Wilson Street, Burnie - Research and New Product Development. Warehousing and Logistics – The warehouse facility manages all inward and outwards goods, including parts supply to our production facilities and the management of external Dealer / Customer parts orders. The Research & Development facility is where all prototype and field follow units are built and tested. When units are proven and all documentation is complete, products are transitioned from this facility to the Ormsby Street production line.
3. Terra Nova Drive, Wynyard - Dedicated stainless steel manufacturing facilities. This is where Elphinstone design and manufacture the Bulkmaster 7 explosives carrier for Orica and passenger buses for Metro Tasmania.
Ben Sandow, General Manager of Operations, will be leading the tour. Ben holds tertiary qualifications in Engineering and Business Management, and has over 20 years of experience in Operations Management, Project Management and Engineering across a range of industries. He has had broad experience with Lean methodologies, and the benefits these can bring to the wider business. Ben joined Elphinstone in 2018 as General Manager of Operations, overseeing all operational aspects of the business.
Note: Guests must bring their own PPE including Safety Boots, Hi visibility vest and safety glasses.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
(03) 6218 1901