This presentation will cover the management of Internal Rail Defects (RFD) on the Metropolitan Rail Network and how analysis of historical defect propagation was utilised to alter response timeframes for remedial actions. Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) modified defect actions to simplify responses and increase efficiency and safety of maintenance activities. Topics that will be covered include:
1. Consequence of poor rail defect management
2. Overview of how rail defects are detected, defined, monitored and treated or removed in accordance with MTM procedures
3. Analysis of rail defect data from 1996 to 2017 and how this led to changes to the Internal Rail Defects Definition and Remedial Actions procedure
Mark has worked in the rail maintenance/construction environment since 2004, starting as an Undergraduate Engineer with Connex in Melbourne's Metro Network. Since graduating from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), Mark has worked as a Project Engineer with Pacific National, Project Engineer with V/Line, Site Manager/Project Manager with Geoffrey Osborne in the UK, the North East Corridor Manager and Project Manager at Downer Australia, Principal Maintenance Engineer At MTM. Mark is currently MTM’s Track and Structures Design and Review Manager.
Mark has extensive knowledge and practical experience managing track maintenance and offers an extensive knowledge of standards combined with the practical experience of completing renewal and maintenance works with minimal budget to a standard that is fit for purpose whilst operating on a live railroad.
NOTE: This event starts with networking at 6:00PM followed by the presentation at 6:30PM-7:30PM.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Georgia Cacchione & Peter Fouad
1300 653 113