The Royal Australian Air Force’s (RAAF) Hawk Fleet is among the most capable in the world following a major capability upgrade recently undertaken by BAE Systems, Australia’s most versatile defence and security company.
This is a unique opportunity to see inside a working hangar at BAE Systems and find out what goes on behind the scenes. Find out more about the company and what they do, as well as gain some unique insight from Geoff Head, Engineering Manager, Lead-in-Fighter.
Directions to location:
- Enter the Newcastle Airport entrance at the traffic lights
- Follow the road and after the fourth speed bump, turn left
- Follow the road towards the BAE Systems boom gate
- The guard will greet you at the gate and direct you on parking
- Report to theGuard House for Induction and collection by your Host
The nominal agenda is as follows:
- Introduction (max 30 mins);
- Safety brief
- Engineering brief, who we are & what we do (Q&A)
- Site Tour (nominally 1 hour);
- Walk through the facility
- Photo opportunity
- Q&A session (nominally 30 mins)
Please see the safety site requirements under attachements.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113