The Women In Engineering Scholarship Program is an initiative of Engineers Australia WIE Sydney
The Women in Engineering Sydney (WIES) Student Scholarship provides recipients the opportunity to act as a student ambassador on the WIE Sydney committee for one year.
What you will get out of it?
• You will become the face and contact for WIES in universities.
• Liaise with Engineers Australia (EA) and the WIES executive committee.
• Help promote and retain female engineers within the industry.
• Support fellow female engineering students.
• Gain industry contact and work in collaboration with both government and private engineering companies
Three scholarships are to be awarded, each with a prize of $500.
Who should apply?
• Current second year (or above) female full-time engineering students at a NSW university.
• Undergraduate students only. Postgraduate students are ineligible to apply.
• Must be an enrolled student at a NSW university for all of 2020.
• Must be a student member of Engineers Australia (Student membership is free! Sign up now if you have not done so already)
• Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated interest in the promotion of the engineering profession to the general community.
• Strong communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Evidence of academic achievement.
• Potential contribution to the role of student ambassador.
• The successful candidate will be invited to act as a student ambassador for the WIE Sydney Committee to represent the female engineering student body for 1 year in 2020.
Main responsibilities are to act as a liaison between WIE Sydney and the students and to assist the Outreach Coordinator with organisation of the Experience It! Student Conferences in 2020. There is also an opportunity to create and design a student event for 2020.
The scholarship will be awarded to the successful candidates at the WIE High Tea on 6th December 2019.
Closing date for application is the 30/10/19
Tentative interview/presentation in 12/11/19
- Non Members:
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113