Engineers Australia’s Graduate Program equips graduates with the skills, knowledge and capability to drive business results.
Delivered by Engineers Australia's training provider, Engineering Education Australia, the 18-month program transforms graduates into proactive professionals and future leaders.
Key outcomes will see graduates grow into confident professionals on their way to becoming Chartered ready.
Who should attend?
The program has been designed for graduate engineers with up to two years' work experience, who are currently employed. Graduates or their employers can enquire about enrolments.
Features and Benefits
A structured way to develop graduates and future leaders
- Provides necessary professional and life skills through course topics such as communication, resilience, problem solving, stakeholder engagement, project management and leadership
- Drives the obtainment of customised development goals, aligned to the graduate's workplace and business objectives
- Use best-practice education approaches including experiential and evidence-based learning, and on-the-job development of skills
Working towards Chartered
- Provides a framework and the underpinning skills required to pursue further competency development, such as Chartered status
Tailor to your business
- Ability to customise the program and delivery modes to meet business needs or complement existing learning programs and graduate rotations
Delivered over three, six-month modules - each module begins with a two-day, face-to-face workshop introducing participants to the topics via a range of experiential learning activities. Learning and development is continued in an online and self-directed environment including webinars, social learning, and one-on-one support.
Module 1 - Personal Empowerment
Module one lays the foundations for professional and personal growth. Participants are equipped with the skills to take personal responsibility for the planning and development of their own careers. They go on to develop self-awareness in order to regulate their emotions and improve interpersonal skills.
- Emotional intelligence
Module 2 - Project Management
Module two focuses on the skills and processes required to plan and execute successful projects that deliver desired business outcomes. Practical skills to leverage stakeholder relationships and manage projects are developed through a range of learning activities.
- The project management lifecycle
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risk management
Module 3 - Professional Skills
Module three builds leadership and professional capabilities to drive innovation and respond to a rapidly changing environment. It will challenge their ability to think critically and work collaboratively. A focus is placed on sustaining success throughout their careers and pursuing goals such as Chartered status.
- Critical thinking
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700