Image Credit: Sydney Trains/Smart Design Studio
Come and join us to see firsthand the latest rail network operations control facility in Sydney!
The NSW Government has invested in a state-of-the-art Rail Operations Centre (ROC) which will minimise delays and ensure when incidents do occur on the Sydney Trains rail network, customers receive better and faster information.
The Sydney Trains ROC will modernise how Sydney’s rail network is controlled by incorporating dozens of different systems into a single location and changing Sydney Trains’ approach to managing trains.
Some ROC facts:
• Up to 80% of the NSW railway will be run form the ROC
• All train Operation relayed in near real-time, 24/7
• 140,000+ bricks
• 8,940+ cubic metres of concrete
• 900t of reinforced steel for structural rigidity
• 1400m2 of glass used on the façade
• ~90 work stations on the Control room floor
14 / 02 / 2020 - 11:45 am to 01:00 pm
Sydney Trains Rail Operations Centre (ROC)
177-187 Wyndham Street
New South Wales,
- Member: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
Railway Technical Society of Australasia
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113
Maximum CPD Hours