Image curtesy of M.vanderSterren
This presentation will provide an overview of the Stormwater NSW Operations and Maintenance Manual and how the manual assists the engineering operations of asset managers. Areas covered in the manual include:
1. Key failure mechanisms in stormwater treatment measures
2. Monitoring and general asset management
3. Overview of specific types of treatment measures, e.g. pits, ponds, permeable pipes, etc.
4. Waste management and disposal including dewatering
5. Audit processes for stormwater management measures
6. Rectification of asset failures
7. Extension of existing coverage of “green assets” to include proprietary systems
This presentation will provide a general overview of the manual, the processes behind its development, and how its use will help practitioners improve maintenance outcomes.
Murray’s career began with the NSW EPA in 1993 and has since worked with two proprietors, one consultant and one Council. Leveraging this diverse portfolio, Murray launched Optimal Stormwater in 2009 and remains the General Manager.
Murray has experience across Stormwater management, with specialist expertise in Stormwater treatment and Stormwater Harvesting. He is also a past president of Stormwater NSW and his ongoing association with Stormwater NSW led to Murray becoming the lead author of the Guidelines for the Maintenance of Stormwater treatment Measures manual.
This event is a joint presentation being co-hosted by the Engineers Australia Sydney Division Water Engineering Panel and Stormwater NSW.
17 / 03 / 2020 - 05:30 pm to 07:30 pm
PSA House Auditorium
160 Clarence Street
New South Wales,
- BoM staff: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- EA Members& students: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
Water Engineering Panel and Stormwater NSW
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113
Maximum CPD Hours