Join Inland Rail Project Manager, John Carr, for an overview of the once-in-a-generation Program, its relevance to Queensland and its engagement and impact on regional areas.
Inland Rail is a project that will enhance supply chains and complete the backbone of the national freight network by providing a transit time of 24 hours or less for freight trains between Melbourne and Brisbane via regional Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. Inland Rail will transform the way we move freight around the country, connect regional Australia to markets more efficiently, drive substantial cost savings for producers and consumers, and deliver significant economic benefits. Comprising 13 individual projects and spanning more than 1,700km, Inland Rail is the largest freight rail infrastructure project in Australia and one of the most significant infrastructure projects in the world. Inland Rail is set to provide an estimated 7,000 jobs and a $7 billion economic benefit to Queensland during construction and operation.
By the end of this webinar, viewers should:
- recognise how the role of rail freight is vital in meeting the nation’s demands and maintaining international competitiveness
- understand some of the engineering challenges John and his team face
- learn about the shifting paradigms of delivering major projects
- understand the extensive consultation, planning, route analysis and engineering processes undertaken by Inland Rail technical experts and how this has, and will continue to, benefit regional areas
- gain insight into the importance of community consultation in granting social licence.
John Carr FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Project Manager | North Star to Qld/NSW Border, Inland Rail, Australian Rail Track Corporation
John is a Project Manager at the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) with more than 15 years’ experience in project management and stakeholder management across all phases of resources and infrastructure project delivery. He currently leads the North Star to NSW/QLD Border project team for Inland Rail.
John’s previous experience includes management of diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders in the delivery of complex opportunities such as:
- Major Civil Infrastructure Development
- Large Gas Development Projects
- Natural Disaster Infrastructure Reconstruction
- Commercial Developments
- Community Developments
- Military Developments
Supported by the Sunshine Coast Regional Group and Railway Technical Society of Australasia (RTSA).
- EA Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113