In the search for a sustainable energy and fuel source, ammonia is the new option thanks to the development of new technologies. Hear from the Chair of the Australian Chapter of the Ammonia Energy Association, John Mott, how these developments can lead us to a decarbonised energy industry and a more sustainable export market.
John Mott, Chair of the Australian Chapter of the Ammonia Energy Association
John graduated in Mechanical Engineering from the Bendigo Institute of Technology in 1973.
His career in the industrial refrigeration industry using ammonia, has spanned 45 years, the last 20 years of which John was General Manager and CEO of Gordon Brothers, Australia’s pre-eminent ammonia refrigeration manufacturer and contractor.
John has been active in a number of industry bodies during his career and has continued involvement with the AEA and ASTI, and helped start GESCA in his retirement.
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia (FIEAust)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air conditioning and Heating (FAIRAH)
- Affiliate member of the Board of Directors of the Ammonia Safety & Training Institute (ASTI)
- Life member of the American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Aircon Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Chair of the Australian chapter of the Ammonia Energy Association (AEA)
- Director of Impact Recovery Ltd, Bendigo
- Director of GESCA Pty Ltd (Green Energy Supply Chain Australia)
- EA Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113