The Illawarra Sutherland Region Group (ISRG) and Young Engineers Illawarra (YEA) Annual Committee Meeting for 2020 will take place at The Nineteenth at the Wollongong Golf Club on 25 November.
The meeting will include the election of the 2021 committee, a look at what's coming up for the region in 2021, and presentations for two guest speakers:
- Dr Bronwyn Evans, appointed as CEO of Engineers Australia in late 2019. Dr Evans attended local schools to the Illawarra and became one of the first women to graduate from the University of Wollongong with a Bachelor or Engineering (electrical) in the late 1970’s. Dr Evans will discuss her career, and provide insight into what it was like growing up in the Illawarra, UOW, working at Tallawarra, and now her position as Engineers Australia's Chief Exectuive Officer.
- David Tuszynski, Senior Design Engineer at Wollongong City Council (WCC). Mr Tuszynski works for WCC focusing on the development and planning of the growing area known as West Wollongong. Mr Tuszynski will present some of the engineering planning and development currently being carried out in this area.
To allow for catering and setup of the venue to meet Covid-19 restrictions, guests are ask to RSVP by 11 November 2020. People may arrive at the venue from 5:30pm to 6pm from which guests will be seated.
Guests will be provided with Entree, Main, Tea and Coffee.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Technical Society Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113