To kick off the year The Mid North Coast Group invite you to join them for a site visit to the Manning River Rowing Club. Following the visit a networking dinner will be held at approx. 5.30pm at The Waterfront Pavilion, Manning Street, Taree – cost at attendees own care.
The Clubhouse sustained severe storm damage on Saturday 9th March, 2019 when it was struck by a mini cyclone. The clubhouse and boat shed were de-roofed and equipment and major structural damage occurred. The event happened during the Central Districts Championships Regatta, which was attended by around 1,500 people. Two people were taken to hospital and the event was cancelled.
The Clubhouse is in the process of being re-built with a vision for the future. The style of the new building poses some significant engineering challenges which will be discussed during the visit.
Numbers are strictly limited – register early to secure your position
Guide on the Day:
Philip Thornton MIEAust CPEng NER, Matrix Thornton Consulting Engineers
Philip has had a long involvement in the building and construction industry, beginning in the Middle East as a project supervisor through to designing cold-formed building products with BHP Lysaght’s, as a civil contractor, a self- employed structural consultant, to now managing a staff of 14.
4.00pm for a 4.15pm start - site visit commencement (please meet at Endeavour Place Carpark, Stevenson Street, Taree - next to MRRC)
5.15pm - site visit conclusion
5.30pm - optional net working dinner at the Waterfront Pavillion, Manning Street, Taree
This event is face-to-face only.
Registration is compulsory and Engineers Australia will not provide entry to anyone who shows up without proof of booking.
The health and safety of our members and guests is our highest priority and a range of measures are being implemented in-line with, and in addition to, the NSW Government WHS regulations and COVID-19 policy to ensure everyone's wellbeing.
Please adhere to the following when attending an EA Event:
- Please use the sanitizer stations provided
- Please ensure you complete the guest register
- Please maintain the 1.5 metre physical distancing rule
- Stay home if you are sick, have been advised to self-isolate or travelled from overseas in the last 14 days or returned from a Government determined hotspot
- Avoid close contacts with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Technical Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113