An Engineering Education Australia Virtual Workshop:
As an engineer, you need to deliver clear and concise reports, tenders, specifications, proposals and other valuable documents on behalf of your firm. To do this, you need to know how to tailor documents for different audiences.
This course will help you improve your technical writing skills. You'll get practical writing tasks to help you turn theory into practice. You'll also work in-depth on a sample of your own writing, which you'll submit before the course.
After completing this course, you'll know how to:
- tailor your writing to suit different audiences
- prioritise and categorise information
- use writing techniques to create clear, consistent and engaging documents.
- Produce clear and effective technical documents
- Reduce your writing time
- Keep readers engaged in complex documents
- Minimise risk by avoiding ambiguity and removing potentially costly errors
- Maximise credibility as a writer by producing professional-quality documents
- Use writing processes to efficiently produce useful documents
- Analyse the audience's needs and interests, and select, prioritise and organise information accordingly
- Write with more clarity and impact
- Apply plain English principles
- Optimise layout elements to make documents easier to use and understand
- Review documents strategically to maximise their practicality
- Apply quality control measures to ensure documents are consistent and error-free
Is this course for you?
This course suits anyone who wants to improve their writing skills to develop consistent, clear and concise documents.
Engineering Education Australia's Virtual Workshops
A Virtual Workshop is a structured live online classroom style delivery method for training and professional development. For the optimal online learning experience, Virtual Workshops are interactive and use tools such as break out rooms for discussions, activities based on practical case studies and two-way communication.
Please note: This workshop will be delivered over on 26 November 2021 at 10:00am - 6:00pm AEDT. To ensure the optimal learning experience, capacity is strictly limited to 14 participants - register early to avoid disappointment.
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700