Lunch Club allows Members to connect with their peers, discuss topics related to employment, career opportunities and challenges, and share collective wisdom. Each session will cover a specific topic, this time with a short live presentation to stimulate group discussion in a peer mentoring environment, and is conducted under the Chatham House Rule.
The engineering profession still has a vast under representation of females in the workforce (12%) which is even less in Tasmania (9%). In 2019 Engineers Australia delivered the Gender Equality in Engineering project. This project aims to build support programs focusing on both improving workplace culture and supporting Tasmanian female engineers in the 25-34 year age bracket, resulting in:
- Increased confidence of female engineers in their ability to discuss topics with colleagues and managers that contribute to gender inequality in the workplace; and
- Increased level of preparedness of engineering organisations to implement cultural change processes and strategies.
Program participants Phoebe Nash and Hannah Atkins will share their experiences from the program followed by a group discussion.
We encourage you to bring your lunch and a willingness to contribute and share.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Technical Society Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113