Ever wondered how rum is engineered? This event will provide you with an overview of the process and a site tour of DIAGEO Bundaberg Distilling Company.
Prior to the tour you will be provided an overview of:
- Field to glass overview of rum production process
- Fermentation and in house yeast propagation process
- 2 stage distillation process
- Maturation process and product overview
During your visit the Distillery asks that you:
- Follow the instructions and guidance of staff, who will be happy to answer any of your questions.
- Adhere to the physical distancing guidelines which will be signposted and detailed in signage.
- Keep your hands clean and if you need to cough or sneeze please cover your mouth/nose.
- Please use contactless payment wherever possible, although cash will be accepted where necessary.
- Lastly, but importantly, please enjoy your visit!
Stephen Jacob | Process Engineer
DIAGEO Bundaberg Distilling Company
Stephen began work with Bundaberg Rum Jan 2017.
Originally from the far north in Rum Heart land he studied at JCU in Townsville and followed the traditional pathway from chemical engineering into mining and gas.Stephen is now the process engineer at Bundaberg distilling company. His role covers a range of areas from daily efficiency investigations and reports to capital projects and the more unorthodox area of process control for SCADA and PLC.
- Member Rate: $10.00 ($9.09 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $10.00 ($9.09 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $40.00 ($36.36 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113