An Engineering Education Australia Webinar.
Viewed by many project practitioners as the most significant change in the Project Management Institute’s prime publication, the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) 7th Edition has recently been released.
The new guide and standards shifts focus from processes to principles, and from knowledge areas to performance domains. So what does this mean for project managers who use the PMBOK framework to guide their projects?
This course aims to discuss key questions about the new version that may impact project managers, such as:
- Will PMBOK 6 still be valid and applicable?
- Will you need to redesign your current project management processes?
- Will your project management team need to be upskilled to PMBOK 7?
- Will you need to change your project to an outcomes and benefits focus – not just deliverables?
- Should you consider emphasising product, value and systems thinking aspects?
- How could tailoring and best practice considerations be harnessed to deliver high-quality projects?
- Have an overview of the structure and intent of PMBOK 7.
- Be able to apply new approached to project management practice.
- Apply tailoring techniques across a range of processes for the needs of the project.
- Introduce a range of project management principles to improve project performance.
Is this course for you?
This webinar is relevant to all professionals working in projects across every engineering discipline.
- Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Project Support Staff
- General overview of the PMBOK 7 changes
- Relationship between 6th and 7th editions of PMBOK
- Tailoring and project customisation
- Project Management principles and performance domains
- The importance of the product life cycle
- The system of value delivery
Dr Ross Yates PhD is an experienced and credentialled program and project management practitioner. He is a postgraduate university lecturer, an active researcher, and workplace trainer and assessor in project management practice. Ross works closely with engineers across a range of fields as an educator and assessor of competence.
Ross specialises in PRINCE2, PMBOK and Agile methods. His specialisation extends to business systems and processes, quality practice, and change management. He has extensive experience delivering projects in the mining, higher education, health care and not-for-profit sectors.
Ross holds Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) status with the Association for Project Management, and is a Certified Practising Project Director (CPPD), and member of the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
How you'll learn
Delivered via Webinar
Designed in collaboration with our industry facilitators and education experts, EEA Webinars focus on modules from our most popular face-to-face training courses. Content has been carefully crafted to deliver targeted and achievable learning outcomes within the hour and the sessions are interactive to keep you engaged.
Webinar platform - Zoom
These sessions run through Zoom. On the day of the webinar you will receive the unique Zoom link at least one hour before the webinar is scheduled to begin.
We suggest that you download the Zoom Desktop Client to ensure you can fully participate in the webinar. If you view the webinar through the Zoom web browser or via a phone or tablet device you may not be able to participate in the interactive elements such as answering polling questions.
Please read through the following information on Zoom to ensure you are prepared for the webinar:
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700