An Engineering Education Australia Webinar.
Australia’s current practice in relation to how it deals with underground utilities is decades behind other developed countries around the world.
Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) is an internationally developed practice that deals comprehensively with underground utilities during the design phase of a project so that they don’t cause any issues during construction.
Countries around the world that have a well developed Standard relating to SUE report significantly less machinery strikes with utilities and large cost savings. AS5488 is a little known Australian Standard relating to Subsurface Utility Engineering. This webinar aims to educate attendees on the aim of Subsurface Utility Engineering, the benefits that accrue from using the practice of SUE and how AS5488 is the vehicle for that.
- Gain a basic understanding of the benefits of SUE and how SUE is applied in a real world design and construction projects
- Learn about the difference between how underground utilities are managed currently (without AS5488 mandated) compared to how they are managed if AS5488 is mandated
Is this course for you?
This course is relevant to all professionals working in projects that involves subsurface utilities.
Topics we'll cover
- What is the aim of Subsurface Utility Engineering
- How Australia is behind the rest of the world when it comes to the management of underground utilities
- AS5488 and a history of its development
- SUE Standards and studies from around the world
- Relevant case studies
- Brief outline of on line SUE training course
Rob Sansbury BSc (Civil Engineering) & Roger Collins-Woolcock BE (Civil), MBA
How you'll learn
Delivered via Webinar
Designed in collaboration with our industry facilitators and education experts, EEA Webinars focus on modules from our most popular face-to-face training courses. Content has been carefully crafted to deliver targeted and achievable learning outcomes within the hour and the sessions are interactive to keep you engaged.
Webinar platform - Zoom
These sessions run through Zoom. On the day of the webinar you will receive the unique Zoom link at least one hour before the webinar is scheduled to begin.
We suggest that you download the Zoom Desktop Client to ensure you can fully participate in the webinar. If you view the webinar through the Zoom web browser or via a phone or tablet device you may not be able to participate in the interactive elements such as answering polling questions.
Please read through the following information on Zoom to ensure you are prepared for the webinar:
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700