A symbol of ambition, innovation and the pioneering spirit of Dubai, One Za’abeel stands proudly at the heart of the city; but how was it engineered?
About this event
One Za’abeel sits at the absolute centre of Dubai, in a strategic position as a gateway to the new business districts of Dubai. It is comprised of two commercial towers linked by a 226m horizontal steel structure 100m above a busy, six-lane highway. The horizontal structure, known as 'The Link' is fixed to the two towers and cantilevers 66m. The Link will house restaurants and shops and have an infinity pool on its roof.
The key takeaways are below.
- For complex structures construction load cases can far exceed the permanent works design capacities.
- The sequencing and analysis during the erection is a fundamental engineering requirement to safely build complex structures and ensure no part of the structure becomes overloaded or unstable.
- Movements during the construction staging need to be predicted and the building constructed with presets to achieve final as-built geometries.
Who should attend this event
This event is meant for structural engineers.
12:00 - 1:00pm Presentation from Jens Fussing
About the Presenter
Jens Fussing - BG&E - Technical Director
Jens has over 25 years’ experience in the design and documentation of a wide range of structures throughout 24 countries, from seismic retrofit in Nepal and Iran, towers in Europe, Africa and in the Middle East, sports stadiums in Azerbaijan, Multi Arenas in Europe to large scale commercial and residential developments in the GCC countries.
Jens has particular expertise in high-rise structures, precast building systems and building physics. Jens has experience with exanimating as well as mentoring master and PhD students at university level in relation to research and development projects.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Technical Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113