An Engineering Education Australia Virtual Workshop:
The Wiring Rules apply to electrical installations in all types of premises and land that electricity consumers use. AS/NZS 3000 is mandatory. WHS legislation and its state equivalents mandate that all designs must be safe for the life of a product. The most recent updates to the standard aim to improve safety and efficiency.
In this course, you'll gain a detailed understanding of AS/NZS 3000's two parts:
- Part 1: Scope, application and fundamental principles
- Part 2: Installation practices (this section provides a 'deemed-to-comply' solution).
You'll also cover:
- the extensive changes made in the most recent edition of AS/NZS 3000
- how legislation requires the use of Australian Standards
- the concepts in The Wiring Rules and their practical application
- exercises that show electrical safety principles.
- After completing this course, you'll understand the core electrical safety concepts in The Wiring Rules and related standards.
You'll also be able to use a range of methods to ensure electrical safety when implementing The Wiring Rules.
- Comply with Australian legislation
- Ensure designs are safe to implement
- Understand the core electrical safety concepts outlined in AS/NZS 3000 and associated standards
- Keep up to date with the latest edition of AS/NZS 3000
- Apply the standard in practice and use a range of methods to ensure electrical safety
- Understand the legislation that makes AS/NZS 3000 mandatory
Is this course for you?
This course is ideal for designers of electrical installations and electrical engineers across all industries. Architects and construction professionals will also find it useful.
Engineering Education Australia's Virtual Workshops
A Virtual Workshop is a structured live online classroom-style delivery method for training and professional development. For the optimal online learning experience, Virtual Workshops are interactive and use tools such as break-out rooms for discussions, activities based on practical case studies, and two-way communication.
- Non Members:
Engineering Education Australia
03 9321 1700