Join us for the RINA’s bi-monthly technical presentation, involving WA local naval architects providing an opportunity for professional development and in-person networking. We will discuss the use of correlation of the actual site and lifting conditions, unmanned lifting and incremental steps to fully autonomous lifting. The adoption of new technologies to pertain risk reduction and greater safety of offshore operations are extremely relevant for all stakeholders in offshore operations.
- There will be sharing of new technology in the field of offshore lifting providing an opportunity for attending Naval Architects to improve understanding and adopt new practices.
- Novel technologies to forecast and minimise dynamic loading on cranes during offshore lifts; Principles of unmanned lifting from marine vessels, including systems that minimize risk exposure of offshore personnel.
- New technological developments worldwide towards fully autonomous lifting: remote operation of cranes, load orientation and sway control, real-time mapping of the work environment and autonomous operation of cranes.
- 9.00 pm AEDT: Event starts
- 10.00 pm AEDT: Event closes
- 5.30 pm AWST: Registrations open and networking
- 6.00 pm AWST: Event starts
- 7.00 pm AWST: Event closes
About the presenter
Derick Markwell is the Founder and Managing Director of Roborigger. He obtained his BE hon from The University of Queensland and his professional experience of over 30 years has been achieved through a number of significant offshore structural projects while working for Pressure Dynamics, Hydra Energy, ICON Engineering, Worley and currently own company Roborigger. He is an innovator and specialist for offshore lifting and construction.