The Sydney Chapter of AGS is calling for presenters for the Young Geomechanical Professionals’ Night on Wednesday 14 June 2023. The best applicants (from industry and universities) will be chosen to give a 10-minute presentation on their preferred topic. Successful applicants will be selected based on a half-page abstract on the subject that they propose to present (deadline 17th April).
Following selection, final presentations would be due by 29th May for AGS review. Talks need not be overly technical or theoretical, but should reflect interesting and challenging aspects of the presenter’s work that would be of interest to the geotechnical community.
Participation is open to industry participants under the age of 35 as of 1st January 2023.
This exciting opportunity includes:
- The breadth of the Sydney geotechnical community will be represented on the night, it will be an opportunity to showcase yourself and your work to the industry.
- $2,500 total prize value for participants.
- Papers may be published in the AGS journal.
- Get your work out there and build your professional portfolio.
- Contribute to the geotechnical community.
Who should attend:
Engineering Geologists and Geotechnical Engineers.
Registration close14 June 2023