An affiliate of the College of Leadership and Management within Engineers Australia, we are focused on connecting inspired and educated professional Indigenous people from an Engineering background to help create, develop and grow ideas and strategies for Indigenous Engineers around Australia.
The Indigenous Engineers Group (IEG) is a newly created special interest group within the College of Leadership and Management of Engineers Australia (EA), the principal body for professional engineers within Australia.
We are committed to expressing our culture as a form of awareness within the industry and developing a link with current Indigenous Engineers, so as to form a cohesive group of shared knowledge, perspectives, support and inspiration for young professional and upcoming engineers.
Our goal is to educate Indigenous people, in particular young Indigenous secondary school students around Australia, that undertaking a career in Engineering will create vast opportunities for both them, their family and their communities.
- To increase the awareness and activity of Indigenous Engineers within industry
- To connect the Indigenous community with complement to the field of Engineering
- To improve the quality of Indigenous communities through education and knowledge of the engineering profession through Engineers Australia
- Knowledge sharing for the benefit of the land, communities and Indigenous people
- Integrity and honesty in the field of Engineering
- Celebrating the successes of Indigenous people in the field of Engineering
MORE TO COME:
We are working hard to get our Indigenous Engineers Group up and running, so keep an eye out for more information about how to join our Indigenous Engineers Community, news stories and activities.
Indigenous Engineering in the news