The WA Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety – Building and Energy Division (Building and Energy) is seeking feedback on five policies to support the implementation of the Amendment Regulations for registration of building engineers in Western Australia.
Stakeholders are invited to provide direct feedback on their content, completeness and clarity by Friday 19 May.
Engineers Australia is also inviting feedback from members to inform our submission. Please send your feedback to [email protected] by Friday 21 April.
Government is seeking comment on these five policies.
- Assessment entity approval – how an organisation can be approved to assess engineers’ qualifications and experience for registration
- Professional indemnity insurance (PII) – PII requirements for registered engineering contractors
- Continuing professional development (CPD) – how engineering practitioners can meet the CPD requirement
- CPD scheme provider – the requirements for an industry-based CPD scheme to be approved by the Building Commissioner
- Code of Conduct for building engineers.
The explanatory statement containing an outline of the supporting policies can be found on the WA Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety website.
As decisions regarding engineers’ registration have already been made by government, we will only be providing feedback on the five supporting policies. You can read the Decision Regulatory Impact Statement: Registration of Building Engineers in Western Australia for further information on the progression of an engineering registration scheme in WA.