Scheduled Maintenance. Engineers Australia wishes to advise that access to myPortal will be unavailable from 8th of August 9:00pm to 9th of August 2:00am for planned maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Northern Territory Government - DIPL
The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (DIPL) is proud to be a sponsor of Engineers Australia, Northern. The Department supports Engineers Australia in encouraging development across industry and collaboration to share knowledge and expertise. A key function of the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics is as the lead provider and construction authority for public infrastructure across the Northern Territory.
The Department has:
- 784 Full Time Equivalent Staff located in Darwin, Katherine, Nhulunbuy, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs and Yulara
- An estimated $374 million operational budget
- $679 million Capital Works funding, including Commonwealth funding
- A $1.6 billion Infrastructure Program
- Responsibility to manage and maintain a road network of 22,000km; 220 bridges; 70 aerodromes; and 14 barge landings, which are the main components of total property, plant and equipment of approximately $6.16 billion
- 68,500 square kilometres of Crown Land to manage across the Territory
Northern Territory Government - Education
The Department of Education is a sponsor of Engineers Australia, Northern. The Department of Education provides education to young Territorians from the early years to adulthood. The Department of Education supports the Science and Engineering Challenge and other STEM programs in collaboration with Engineers Australia.
It has a range of strategic policy, regulatory, delivery and support responsibilities including:
- ensuring quality early learning and development programs
- delivering high quality education services to maximise student learning
- providing pathways for school-aged students aligned with their further education, and work or career aspirations
- providing a regulatory function over the operation of early childhood services and non-government schools
- supporting Northern Territory (NT) institutions delivering tertiary education
- Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS)