Canberra Division: LinkedIn Masterclass
About the Presentation
Are you on LinkedIn, but all you've managed to do is create a profile and make a few connections and that's it? Or perhaps you’ve been told to get on there but don’t know where to start. With over 4million Australian users, LinkedIn is the go-to professional online network that is an essential part of your career tool-kit,
Used well LinkedIn can create career opportunities, position your company, support your networking, be a source of market intelligence and effective brand engagement.
In this practical session, Phillip Jones will give you his expert advice and the session will include a detailed look at:
- all the key features and latest tools
- how to create and leverage your online profile
- what to say in your status updates and when
- how to use the new features like skills endorsements
- using it to make new contacts and make the most of the ones you've got
- creating a company profile and using it to showcase your expertise
- the opportunities and traps with LinkedIn Groups
- how to manage the whole thing a few minutes a week
- plus lots of tips and tactics.
- Participants also receive a workshop resource in hardcopy.
About the Speaker
Phillip Jones is a consultant and facilitator. Drawing on his experience in business, event management, public sector policy, stakeholder engagement, and as a social entrepreneur he develops bespoke strategies and business solutions.
An early social media adopter, he is an expert on LinkedIn and is regularly invited to present workshops on the topic for organisations like Executive Assistants Network, Australian Computer Society and the Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
His clients have included the McClelland Sculpture Park + Gallery, ANZSOG Institute of Governance, Australian Computer Society, Creative Partnerships Australia, the Department of Finance, Canberra Institute of Technology, Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Austrade and the University of Canberra.