Engineers Australia Climate Action Seminar
This seminar will look at climate science and the significant risks that climate change poses for our social, financial, and energy systems. These risks are certainly frightening, but there are amazing opportunities to be achieved through an urgent re-framing of our economy.
This is an event everyone needs to attend. Facilitated by EA’s foremost exponent for action on climate change: Adj Professor David Hood AM HonFIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer.
- Steve Posselt will present his kayaking journey “Connecting Climate Chaos” from Canberra to Paris followed by a Q&A
- John McIntosh Engineers Australia President, will present on the role of engineers in climate action
- Prof Will Steffen, Executive Director of the Australian National University Climate Change Institute – will present the latest evidence updates of climate science
- Ian Dunlop Chairman of Safe Climate Australia and industry leader, will present risks of inaction on global warming and climate change
- Phillip Sutton – Manager of Research and Strategy for Transition Initiation and co-author of “Climate Code Red”
- Deputy Chief Minister ACT Simon Corbell