Engineers Australia’s 2016 Honorary Fellows
Each year Engineers Australia confers on a select number of individuals the title of Honorary Fellow.
To be awarded Honorary Fellow you have to be a distinguished person who has rendered conspicuous service to the profession of engineering and eminent in the field of engineering or an allied science.
This year’s Honorary Fellow recipients have significant and wide ranging experience and have throughout their careers demonstrated their commitment to the profession.
This year’s group of Honorary Fellows are:
Dr Alan Finkel AO HonFIEAust
- Dr Finkel commenced as Australia’s Chief Scientist on 25 January 2016, becoming Australia’s eighth Chief Scientist.
- He was Executive Chair of the educational software company Stile Education
- He was the Chair of Manhattan Investment Group, Chief Technology Officer of Better Place Australia and Chair of Speedpanel Australia.
- A winner of the Clunies Ross Award for facilitating international neuroscience research
Prof John Argue AO HonFIEAust CPEng NER
- John is at the forefront of stormwater practice in Australia
- He is the inspiration behind all major initiatives in South Australia that have garnered so much international interest in the area
- Over the course of his career, he has enhanced the reputation of Australia as a leader in the field.
Mr Richard Barton HonFIEAust
- Richard has had a 36-year career with John Holland as Executive Director, and of General Manager (Queensland)
- Richard has both chaired and participated in numerous boards and committees responsible for project management, dispute avoidance/ resolution and advisory purposes
Ms Leeanne Bond HonFIEAust
- Leeanne has a 30-year executive career in general management, engineering projects and professional services across leadership roles at board/senior management level in water, energy, power, oil & gas, minerals and postgraduate education.
- She has 20 years’ experience in process design, project management and
- business management and 12 years as a professional company director.
Dr Bronwyn Evans HonFIEAust CPEng EngExec
- Bronwyn is a strong commercial leader who engenders confidence by articulating and delivering a clear strategic direction.
- She has over 30 years’ experience as an engineering executive in the areas of power generation, engineering education, Standards creation and medical devices.
- Bronwyn is an inspiring senior executive with vision, drive and broad technical understanding across multiple industry sectors.
Prof Geoff Lilliss HonFIEAust CPEng NER
- Geoff has over 40 years’ experience at both board and senior management levels
- Geoff is recognised as having made significant contributions to Advanced Metering Systems, Electricity Markets, Renewables and Intelligent Networks.
- He was invited as the recognised industry leader to present at the 2010 Grid wise Alliance conference in Washington DC on Smart Network’s.
- Geoff is currently working with Worley Parsons in a part time capacity providing advice to the New South Wales Government.
Ms Julie McEvoy HonFIEAust CPEng NER
- Julie has over 35 years’ experience in the fields of traffic engineering and transport planning.
- Her key practice area over the last ten years has been major transport infrastructure feasibility studies which have involved complex traffic and transport planning analysis
- Julie is a widely experienced transport practitioner having been involved in strategic transport reviews; integrated land-use transport studies; travel surveys; major development transport planning; parking studies; road network and public transport modelling and planning and design.
Mr Gerry Moriarty AM HonFIEAust CPEng(Ret)
- Gerry retired from a 50-year career in telecommunications and broadcasting earlier this year.
- He has had a long and extensive career as a leader and has held numerous directorships.
- Gerry’s contribution to medical research, telecommunications and the media have been significant. His engineering leadership in these areas are universally recognised.
Mr Gary Zamel HonFIEAust
- Gary has been one of the leading innovators in the Australian mining industry.
- His drive, innovation and inventiveness have led to improved safety for miners, increased exports for Australia and a more efficient industry.
- His innovation in Australia has been replicated in many overseas countries and Gary is one of Australia’s most distinguished engineers with an international reputation.