The Brisbane office serves the engineering community in Queensland and is led collaboratively by a General Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area; contributing to the ACT’s energy policy; and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive member rewards program, Ignite, among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
Group Engagement Officer
Group Engagement Officer
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current Queensland Division Committee consists of the following members:
Mark Lendich, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Colin Mitchell, IEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Suzanne Burrow, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Ken Gillard, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Chris Neilsen, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Simon Orton, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Lara Harland, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Steve Williams, FIEAust
Marie Gales, MIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Joseph Tam, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Clare Lavrencic, MIEAust (representing Young Engineers Australia, Queensland)
Eden O'Brien, GradIEAust (representing Women in Engineering, Queensland)
Ross Percival, MIEAust CPEng NER (representing Queensland's regions)
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
Engineers Australia is pledged to the engineering profession, its practitioners and its proponents. We are committed to guiding and assisting all engineers, including students of all levels pursuing a future in engineering.
It is never too early for a student to learn and apply themselves to the goal of attending university for an engineering degree. Curious, inventive children are driven by creativity and aptitude, supported by devoted parents and guided by talented educators. Our goal is to provide a third point of inspiration and direction for future engineers, backing the efforts of their studies and the support of their families and schools.
Engineers Australia Brisbane Office offers spaces for hire with areas suitable for your next workshop, presentation or meeting. For any enquiries or advice on hiring a venue please email: [email protected] or phone: (07) 3832 3749.
447 Upper Edward Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
PO Box 864
Spring Hill QLD 4004
Phone and Email
Phone: Toll Free 1300 653 113
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.