Electrical engineering plays an important role in the buildings and infrastructure we use and interact with every day. Electrical engineering expertise is present at every phase of production from research and design through to manufacture, installation and ongoing maintenance.
Electrical engineers work in all types of industries and in a range of settings including:
- electricity generation
- transmission and distribution
- electrical installations in buildings and on industrial sites
- equipment manufacture
- industrial instrumentation and control systems applications
- communications networks
- electronic plant and equipment
- integration and control of computer systems.
The Electrical College represents members working in electrical engineering roles around Australia. The Electrical College has a presence at the Engineers Australia Standards Australia special interest group, working to ensure electrical engineering standards meet strict guidelines that ensure the safety and consistency of Australian goods and services.
Our work also includes developing policy positions and submitting proposals to government and industry. Visit our Resources page to view all the Electrical College’s policy and advocacy submissions.
The Electrical College is run by a board of elected representatives. Current Board members are:
- Paul Gonzalez FIEAust CPEng NER – Co-Chair
- Nee Nee Ong FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – Co-Chair
- Nicola Wilkins MIEAust CPEng NER – Deputy Chair
- Peter Sokolowski FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – immediate past Chair
- Kakoli Das FIEAust CPEng NER
- Paul Johnson AFIEAust CEngA NER
- Andrew Nelson FIEAust CPEng NER
- Kate Summers FIEAust CPEng NER
- Nathan Ting MIEAust CPEng NER
- Kerry Williams FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
Some EA members working as electrical engineers also serve across various EA technical societies.
Our role is also to develop, promote and support the continuing professional development (CPD) of electrical engineers.
We have branches in every state and territory in Australia that deliver CPD to Engineers Australia members and guests with online and in-person training and events.
Visit our Learning and events page to see a full list of available CPD opportunities.
- National Committee on Space Engineering
- National Committee on Control Engineering (Industry 4.0)
- Electric Energy Society of Australia
- Society for Building Services Engineers
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Society
- Transport Australia Society
- Society of Fire Safety
- Australasian Association for Engineering Education
- Asset Management Council
- Sustainable Engineering Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- CIGRE Australia
Join EA Exchange to read our learned papers, journals, newsletters and event materials. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.
Visit our Awards page to learn more about the Electrical College Awards.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions.