There are many exclusive benefits that come with an Engineers Australia membership.
You can become a member of Engineers Australia even while you’re studying engineering. Joining as a student member is free and gives you the opportunity to network with qualified engineers and learn more about your chosen profession.
Once you’re qualified, you can easily transition to graduate level membership and take the next step in your career journey.
Student membership is open to anyone studying an accredited or recognised Australian engineering course. Qualifying courses are a:
- two-year Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree in Engineering
- three-year Bachelor of Engineering Technology/Science
- four-year Bachelor of Engineering
- double-degree Bachelor plus Masters in Engineering taken as a three year, plus two-year program or as an integrated five-year program
- Conversion Master of Engineering.
For more information see the full list of Engineers Australia accredited programs (PDF 1.3MB).
How to apply
To apply, you’ll need to create an account in our member portal. You’ll also need the following documents:
- details of the degree or course you’re studying.
Student membership applications take a few minutes to process. You’ll receive an email when your application has been processed.
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our membership team.