Mechanical engineering is a broad discipline that encompasses the research, evaluation, design, development, manufacture, installation, testing, operation and maintenance of:
- mechanical and mechatronic systems
- automated systems and robotic devices
- heat transfer processes
- thermodynamic and combustion systems
- fluid and thermal energy systems
- materials and handling systems
- manufacturing equipment
- process plant.
The Mechanical College represents Engineers Australia members working in mechanical engineering roles in a vast range of industries around Australia.
The Mechanical College is administered by a board of elected representatives. Current Board members are:
- Roderick McDonald FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – Chair
- Colin Sheldon MIEAust CPEng NER – Co-Chair
- Hooman Mehdizadeh-Rad MIEAust CPEng NER
- Chin (Edmund) Ang MIEAust CPEng NER
- John Ruddy FIEAust CPEng
- Edmund Ang MIEAust CPEng NER
- Melvyn Bolus FIEAust CPEng NER
A large part of our role is to promote the mechanical engineering profession and to deliver continuing professional development (CPD) for mechanical engineers. CPD helps engineers fulfill their leadership potential and ensures they keep up with important industry and technical updates and innovations.
We have branches in every state and territory in Australia that deliver CPD to Engineers Australia members and guests with online and in-person training and events.
- National Committee on Engineering Design
- National Committee of Applied Mechanics
- National Committee on Control Engineering (Industry 4.0)
- International Congress of Mechanical Engineering Societies
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Royal Institution of Naval Architects - Australian Division
- Royal Aeronautical Society - Australian Division
- Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers
Join EA Exchange to view all our technical journals including the Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, event materials and other resources. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.
Visit our publications library to submit a paper on any topic.
Visit our Awards page to learn more about the Mechanical College Awards.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions.