Control engineering is a specialised form of electrical engineering focused on:
- industrial control
- Industry 4.0
- cyber-physical systems
- data analytics and intelligent control
- distributed control systems.
The National Committee on Control Engineering - Industry 4.0 (NCCEI4) is a specialty group of the Electrical College Board. Its purpose is to develop and deliver continuing professional development (CPD) and develop position and policy statements in the field. NCCEI4 is also the nominated national member organisation for the International Federation on Automatic Control (IFAC).
NCCEI4’s key objectives are:
- Develop and deliver CPD for all career stages to benefit members.
- Identify emerging trends and make recommendations to the Electrical College Board on standards, policies and practices to address gaps and opportunities.
- Develop a Control Engineering and Industry 4.0 conference and professional network.
- Work in partnership with staff to create opportunities in the fields of control and mechatronic engineering and industry 4.0 to interact with each other and stakeholders.
- Facilitate development and innovation in control engineering and industry 4.0.
- Participate in control engineering and industry 4.0 activities and functions.
NCCEI4 committee members for 2022 are:
- Devasena Chinnarajan FIEAust CPEng NER IntPE(Aus) – Chair
- Argha Namata MIEAust
- Chris Kellett FIEAust
- Peter Beasley MIEAust CPEng NER IntPE(Aus)
- Richard Bercich MIEAust
- Jayanga Rajapkse GradIEAust
- Peter Dickson MIEAust CPEng
Join EA Exchange to view our papers and event materials. You can also network with other engineering community members on this interactive forum.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions.