Information, telecommunications and electronics engineering (ITEE) encompasses a group of disciplines that are integral to communications, manufacturing, information transfer and infrastructure. ITEE applies scientific theory and engineering design to create products and services such as:
- Computer modelling tools to generate information used in communication, sciences and society such as weather-mapping and statistics.
- Broadband capability and improved telecommunications systems.
- Hardware and software used in manufacturing, traffic management, urban management, hospitals and government and scientific bodies.
- Systems for media broadcasting including antennas and wireless technologies.
- Sophisticated electronics including medical equipment, aircraft systems, robotics and control systems.
The ITEE College promotes the discipline and represents EA members working in information, telecommunications and electronics engineering roles around Australia.
We are currently drafting a set of documents to help engineers to understand which of the disciplines that make up ITEE, their works aligns to:
- computer systems
- control Systems
The ITEE College managed by a board of elected representatives. Current Board members are:
- Walter Green FIEAust CPEng – Chair
- Catherine Nicholson MIEAust CPEng NER – Deputy Chair
- Allan Gabriel FIEAust CPEng NER
- Kelly Lance FIEAust CPEng NER
- Scott Calvert FIEAust CPEng NER
- Andrew Smith MIEAust CPEng NER
- Shireane McKinnie HonFIEAust EngExec
- Peter Symington MIEAust CPEng NER
- Julian Williams FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- Craig Watkins FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- Geoff Sizer FIEAust CPEng – Corresponding Member
- Marcelo Botelho TMIEAust CEngT NER – Corresponding Member
- Prof Graham Town FIEAust – Corresponding Member
- Ambarish Natu FIEAust CPEng NER – Corresponding Member
- Peter Hitchiner FIEAust CPEng – Corresponding Member
- Christine Haydon TMIEAust – Corresponding Member
Our role is also to develop, promote and support the continuing professional development (CPD) of ITEE engineers.
We have branches in every state and territory in Australia that deliver CPD to Engineers Australia members and guests with online and in-person training and events.
- Internet of Things community of practice
- Engineers Australia Electrical College
- National Committee on Control Engineering (Industry 4.0)
- National Committee for Space Engineering
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Society
- Electric Energy Society of Australia
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Telecommunications and the Digital Economy
- Australian Computer Society