InterEngineer is a community of LGBTQIA+ engineering professionals and allies from metro, regional and remote Australia. Together, we role model, advocate for and celebrate the intersection of LGBTQIA+ people in the engineering profession.
InterEngineer is supported by Engineers Australia and is run by a committee of industry engineers with defined objectives, priorities and actions.
InterEngineer’s purpose is to:
- Improve the lives of the LGBTQI+ community within the engineering profession.
- Bring together organisations that employ professional engineers to collaborate on LGBTQI+ initiative and execute shared programs.
- Develop LGBTQI+ networks within our profession to ensure support, inclusion and guidance for all.
- To use the network to engage regional and remote locations to provide support and information.
- To actively celebrate other areas of diversity – specifically intersectionality.
Our primary objective is to ensure the engineering profession is inclusive for LGBTQI+ individuals so they can confidently bring their authentic self to work and thrive in their careers. To do this, we focus on:
- issues that are specific and commonplace to the engineering profession
- breaking down barriers and supporting current and future members of the LGBTQI+ community to work within the practice of engineering
- including regional and remote engineers and supporting them with community and necessary tools.