The Indigenous Engineers Group (IEG) is a special interest group within Engineers Australia’s College of Leadership and Management.
IEG is committed to expressing our culture as a form of awareness within the industry and to engage with indigenous engineers. We aim to form a cohesive group of shared knowledge, perspectives, support and inspiration for young professional and upcoming indigenous engineers.
We aim to reach all indigenous people, in particular young indigenous secondary school students around Australia and educate them about a career in engineering. Our goal is to show them that a career in engineering will create vast opportunities for them, their family and their communities.
- Increase awareness of the presence and activity of indigenous engineers in the workforce.
- Celebrate the successes of indigenous people in the field of engineering.
- Uphold honesty and integrity in the field of engineering.
- Share our knowledge for the benefit of the land, communities and indigenous people.
- Improve the quality of indigenous communities through education and knowledge about the engineering profession.
To become a member, complete and submit the joining form. You’ll also receive information about future activities, events and programs.
Join EA Exchange to network with other Indigenous Engineer members on this interactive forum.
Learn more about diversity and inclusion at Engineers Australia.