The College of Leadership and Management (CLM) represents engineering professionals across all disciplines who aspire to become or are already managers and leaders in their field.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote leadership and management as a career which builds on the knowledge and experience of engineering disciplines.
- Work with educators and institutions to improve, broaden and strengthen opportunities for accreditation of engineering leaders and managers.
- Promote and extend the reputation of engineering professionals as leaders in the community.
- Advocate for engagement of engineering professionals in the broader issues affecting the community, business, industry and government.
- Promote opportunities for engineering professionals on boards, government reference groups, advisory panels and the like.
- Share the success stories of engineering professionals as leaders and managers.
The CLM also provides an opportunity for qualified members to become Chartered in leadership and management. This credential is in addition to becoming Chartered in a technical area of practice.
We also support engineers in the following areas of practice:
- asset management
- cost engineering
- risk engineering
- systems engineering
- project management.
The CLM is overseen by a board of elected representatives. Current members are:
- Anne Hellstedt FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – Chair
- Neil Greet FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – Deputy Chair
- Craig Laslett FIEAust CPEng EngExec – immediate past Chair
- James Hood OAM FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- Michelle Tan MIEAust CPEng NER
- Natasa Gadzuric FIEAust CPEng EngExec
- Brett Thiele FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- David Cuickshanks-Boyd HonFIEAust CPEng EngExec NER – corresponding member
We also have local committees that plan and manage state-based activities. To find out more, contact your local office.
We provide a program of continuing professional development (CPD) to help engineers fulfill their leadership potential.
We have branches in every state and territory in Australia that deliver CPD to Engineers Australia members and guests with online and in-person training and events.
Visit our learning and events page to see a full list of available CPD opportunities.
To join the CLM you need to be a member of Engineers Australia. Login or create an account in the member portal and go to the My EA tab, click on the pencil icon next to colleges and click to add or remove. You can have a maximum of three colleges.
Join EA Exchange to read our newsletters and event materials. You can also network with other technical society members on this interactive forum.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions.
How we champion your leadership journey
The College of Leadership and Management is here to support you on your career journey. It is a place to meet and network with other people on similar journeys and for you to participate in activities that advance your knowledge and capability.