The National Committee for Women in Engineering (NCWIE) is an Engineers Australia community group. Its aims are to make engineering more inclusive by valuing, supporting and celebrating the contributions of female engineers.
The NCWIE encourages all female engineers with over 15 years' experience to apply to become an Engineers Australia Fellow. We encourage those with under 15 years’ experience to become a Member and to apply for a Chartered credential as soon as they’re eligible.
The NCWIE supports Engineers Australia’s diversity and inclusion position and plan and our purpose is to:
- Identify strategies and recommend actions to increase the number of female members of Engineers Australia.
- Identify strategies and work with Engineers Australia to embed Chartered as the default professional credential.
- Work with colleges, technical societies and Engineers Australia to implement approved strategies into the normal operations of each college, technical society, and division, including undertaking joint activities.
- Arrange events and other activities to address needs that can’t be met through other Engineers Australia channels.
The NCWIE is run by an elected committee. Current committee members are:
- Zhenya Pavlinova MIEAust CPEng NER - Chair
- Hayley Rohrlach MIEAust CPEng NER – immediate past Chair
- Cynthia Lie MIEAust
- Kruti Patel MIEAust
- Maria Koutsimpiris MIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
- Dr Nassim Ghosni MIEAust CPEng NER
- Beth Scott MIEAust
Learning and events
The NCWIE has branches in most states and territories. Many of these manage their own program of events. Visit our learning and events page to see a full list of available learning and event opportunities.
Engage with us
Join EA Exchange to view all event materials and publications. You can also network with other engineering community members on this interactive forum.
Visit our Awards page to learn more about the Gender in Diversity Awards.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions.