The Sydney Division serves the engineering community in NSW and surrounding areas and is led collaboratively by a General Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
COVID-19 Safe Workplan
The health and safety of our members, guests and staff is our highest priority. A range of measures will be implemented in line with and in addition to Government WHS regulations and COVID-19 policy. To find out more about the entry conditions for the Sydney office, please read the Sydney Office COVID-19 Safe Workplan.
Partnerships Manager/NSW Schools Engagement
Group Engagement Officer
Group Engagement Officer
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current Sydney Division Committee consists of the following members:
Jessica Qiu, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Don Moloney, MIEAust
Julia Ratnayake, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Immediate Past President
Bruce Howard, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Tom Crow, FIEAust CPEng(Ret) EngExec
Varuni Fernando, MIEAust
Parissa Ghanem, MIEAust
Tom Laslett, MIEAust CPEng NER
Max Underhill, MIE Aust CPEng (Retired)
Andrew Wheeler, FIEAust CPEng NER
Brendyn Williams, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Mai Yeung, BSc (Hon.), CPEng, FIEAust, FHKIE, FCIBSE, FSLL, NER, APEC Engineer, IntPE(Aust)
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
Engineers Australia Sydney offers spaces for hire with areas suitable for your next workshop, presentation or meeting. These include an Auditorium and three Meeting Rooms on the Mezzanine level of 44 Market Street.
Engineers Australia Sydney Office is situated in Sydney CBD, easily accessible via Town Hall Train station, there is also a Wilsons parking facility onsite at 44 Market Street or across the road at the Queen Victoria Building.
For any enquiries or advice on hiring a venue please contact: 02 9410 5600, email: [email protected]
44 Market Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone and Email
Phone: Toll Free 1300 653 113
Fax: +61 2 9410 0000
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.