The Tasmania Division within the Hobart office serves the engineering community in Tasmania and is led collaboratively by a General Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
Dr David Pointing PhD CPEng EngExec NER FIEAust MAICD
Stakeholder Relations Manager
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current Tasmanian Division Committee consists of the following members:
David Finnigan, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Michael Verrier, TFIEAust
Immediate Past President and National Congress Representative
Phil Gee, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Division Committee Members
James Baker, MIEAust
Prof Andrew Chan, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
David Fisher, FIEAust CPEng NER
Fiona Ling, FIEAust CPEng NER
Geoff McDougall, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Katrina McIntosh, FIEAust CPEng NER
Lindsay Notley, GradIEAust
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
The Hobart office of Engineers Australia is centrally located at Level 5, 188 Collins Street, Hobart. Our purpose built contemporary rooms can cater for groups of 2 to 40 people in a variety of setup styles. With modern AV equipment as well as telephone and WiFi it is the perfect place to hold your Board Meeting, training session, presentation or seminar.
For more information, view our room hire information sheet.
Engineers Australia Members receive exclusive discounts and benefits. Please Email Us at [email protected]
188 Collins Street
Hobart TAS 7000
GPO Box 486
HOBART TAS 7001
Phone and Email
Phone: Toll Free 1300 653 113
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.