The Victoria Division within the Melbourne Office serves the engineering community in Victoria and is led collaboratively by a General Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
Engineers Australia is currently seeking valuable member feedback to inform our position and provide collective feedback to the Victorian government relating to the Professional Engineers Registration Scheme, and are hosting a number of discussion groups to allow us to hear member views on the consultation documents recently been released by the Victorian government.
Alesha Printz, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
Senior Group Engagement Officer
Member Engagement Manager
Group Engagement Officer
Group Engagement Officer
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current Victorian Division Committee consists of the following members:
Grant Scott, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER
Astrid Kaufman, MIEAust CPEng NER
Peter Sokolowski, FIEAust CPEng RPEQ SMIEEE
James “Hoody” Hood, AM FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER GAICD MAIPM CPPD
Ross Kristinof, MIEAust CPEng RPEQ NER
Dr Craig Watkins, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER RPEQ MIEEE MIET
Amy Lezala FIEAust CPEng
Bing Li PhD FIEAust CPEng NER
Merrill Gray FIEAust NER
Paul Jackson FIEAust CPEng NER
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
Engineers Australia is pledged to the engineering profession, its practitioners and its proponents. We are committed to guiding and assisting all engineers, including students of all levels pursuing a future in engineering.
It is never too early for a student to learn and apply themselves to the goal of attending university for an engineering degree. Curious, inventive children are driven by creativity and aptitude, supported by devoted parents and guided by talented educators. Our goal is to provide a third point of inspiration and direction for future engineers, backing the efforts of their studies and the support of their families and schools.
Engineers Australia's Melbourne office has many well-appointed meeting rooms, providing ideal facilities for your meeting room needs. Located in the CBD, all meeting rooms are modern and comfortable, fully carpeted, and equipped with air conditioning/heating and state-of-the-art audio visual equipment. There are also onsite kitchen facilities available.
Please note: Rooms are available Monday - Friday from 8am - 8pm. Rooms are not available for hire on Saturdays and Sundays.
To request a room booking or information about availability please contact:
Phone: (03) 9321 1709
Email: [email protected]