Become a Member
Membership with EA is recognised worldwide, opening doors for you to make change anywhere your career takes you. No matter what stage your career is at, there’s value for you in EA membership.
When you join the EA team, you have access to:
- Support and professional benchmarking to move your career forward
- Advocacy that shapes the next generation of engineers
- Professional development opportunities that go beyond technical knowledge
- Events and forums where you can learn from the best
- Awards programs that highlight your accomplishments
- Exclusive rewards, savings and discounts through our partners
Please use the online calculator below to determine the fee payable with your application for membership to Engineers Australia.
Fee calculation includes admission/readmission application fee where applicable.
How does EA membership help me?
Build a career without limits
You’re still figuring out exactly how you will make a difference as an engineer. You’ve selected the path you want to go down, and now you need to prove yourself to your managers, your clients and your peers.
EA will help you create the change you need to see by building a strong personal brand and a sustainable career with support, mentoring and training when you need it. Membership will give you:
- Access to the Frontier graduate job board and community
- Networking events, webinars and training to make you a competitive graduate
- Ongoing access to technical journals and resources once you’ve left university
- Post-nominals to set you apart from the crowd
Join the team and be the best engineer you can be.
Discover the fast-track to success
You have ‘runs on the board’ and you want to be recognised appropriately for your success. You also know you won’t ever stop learning, but you want to channel that learning into moving your career forward, as well as creating a better world.
EA will help you remain current while leveraging your skills, developing your leadership profile and finding your unique voice as an engineer, with:
- Credentials and recognition, from Chartered to the National Engineering Register (NER) and our Awards program
- Networking, volunteering and events that build your influence
- Opportunities to shape policy that shapes the world around us
- Professional development options and resources, from short courses to our create magazine and journals
Lead the team and together, we’ll advance the profession.
Make a difference and achieve global influence
You’ve made it to the top. Now as a valuable member of the profession, you want to give back and make a difference. Your technical skills are without question, and your management responsibilities are advancing as you step into leadership.
EA will help you expand your knowledge in a way that is globally recognised, has a practical impact on the world around us, and is relevant to the day-to-day of your job.
We also provide opportunities to:
- Influence the future of the profession through advocacy and board membership
- Give back to the next generation by volunteering, mentoring and sharing your expertise
- Be recognised for your achievements through Chartered, EngExec or our Awards program
- Contribute to conferences, journals and author opportunities
Drive the team towards excellence as you leave your legacy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Engineers Australia does not suspend membership. Direct Debit and Concession options may be of interest to assist during financial hardship.
If you are unemployed, studying a post-graduate course, retired or experiencing financial difficulties you may be eligible for a membership subscription concession. Find out if you are eligible here.
Please rejoin by re-establishing your access to myPortal (you may need to reset your password) and then following the application prompts from the Membership tile in myPortal.
Re-admission at the same membership grade
To reinstate lapsed membership at the same professional category, please complete an online application for readmission via myPortal. Please use your previous membership number/ EAID to log in to https://portal.engineersaustralia.org.au/membership to commence your application.
Re-admission at a higher membership grade
To reinstate lapsed membership at a higher membership grade to the grade you previously held, please complete an online application via myPortal. Please use your previous membership number/ EAID to log in to https://portal.engineersaustralia.org.au/membership to commence your application.
Re-admission for Chartered Status
Fees associated with re-admission and renewal of membership can be found in the current fee schedule.
Eligibility for membership is dependant on completion of an accredited or recognised engineering qualification, coupled with relevant work experience in the engineering field. Qualifications can be recognised by successful completion of;
- Australian Engineers Australia Accredited courses
- Engineers Australia Migration Skills Assessment
- Stage 1 competency Assessment
- International Accord qualification
In most cases you will need:
- at least one primary identification document such as a passport photo page, driver’s licence or copy of your birth certificate
- Degree certificate (testamur) & Academic Transcript or a previous Assessment Letter from Engineers Australia (such as a Migration Skills Assessment Outcome letter)
- A Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume’ or equivalent
Students do not need to provide Qualifications documents and Graduates do not need to provide a CV or equivalent.
If applying for Fellow you will also need to have support from two (2) current Fellow members of Engineers Australia.
There are varying membership fees. Please use the calculator above or visit the Membership Fees page to ascertain your category.
The Membership Fees for 2019 are summarised below:
FREE - $574 per year
$294 - $574 per year
$382 - $767 per year
Companion & Affiliate
$290 per year
Joining via Mutual Recognition Agreement
FROM $294 -$574 per year
Prices may vary depending on time of year and application fee.
Members wishing to resign their membership are required to do so in writing; by mail, email or fax. To assist us to identify you accurately, please include your Engineers Australia membership number, full name and contact details, along with a brief reason for your decision to resign.
Members can also log into myPortal to create their own resignation application.