Make your mark on the engineering profession with a Chartered credential.
Earn your status as a Chartered engineer. See your work recognised by your peers, and earn your status as a Chartered engineer. As well as the mark of excellence, you'll gain:
- Global recognition - Chartered engineers are recognised throughout the world over for their skills and their professionalism. Chartered is your ticket to global recognition and working abroad.
- Career progression - Looking for a senior or consulting role? By demonstrating your skills with a Chartered credential, you gain a competitive edge and show commitment to the highest professional standards.
- Leadership development - Chartered engineers are peer-assessed against industry-recognised standards. You’ll be benchmarked against the best across 16 key competencies, spanning technical, management and communication skills.
How many years of experience do you have?
Becoming Chartered puts a concrete value to the work you’ve already done - particularly if you’re already an Engineers Australia member and a practising engineer for five years or more.
Why wait? You may already have what it takes to be Chartered.
Start your self-assessment online here. You can manage the entire process online now.
Please note that the Standard Chartered Pathway assessment process is experiencing a longer than usual time frame due to a recent surge in applications. We appreciate your patience at this time. If you would like to speak to someone about your Charted Application please chat with our Member Services team via the website or call 1300 653 113.
The information sessions provide an overview of the Chartered process and the application process followed by an audience Q&A session.
Upcoming sessions are listed below, or refer to your local event listings for further information:
- How to become a Chartered Engineer Information Session, Wednesday 17 March
- Becoming Chartered with 15 Years of Experience, Friday 19 March
- How to Become a Chartered Engineer Information Session, Tuesday 23 March
- Chartered for Graduates, Wednesday 24 March
- Pathways to Becoming a Registered Engineer, Friday 26 March
- Membership for Graduates, Thursday 1 April
- How to Become a Chartered Engineer Information Session, Wednesday 7 April
- Tailored Support for Your Graduate Engineers, Thursday 15 April
- How to Become a Chartered Engineer Information Session, Thursday 22 April
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD), Friday 23 April
- Chartered Q & A, Wednesday 28 April