The Biomedical College aims to be the peak representative body for Biomedical Engineering Professionals in Australia.
The College does this by offering a range of services, such as:
- Setting of standards of practice within biomedical engineering, and providing mechanisms to help attain these standards.
- Hosting a broad range of continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities.
- Fostering new biomedical engineering practitioners through mentoring, workshops and awards.
- Facilitating partnerships with our peers including the diverse range of health and other professionals with whom the biomedical engineering team work to achieve common goals.
- Providing a forum for the exchange of information on developments and issues pertaining to the biomedical engineering area of practice.
- Facilitating aid to developing and disaster-torn countries.
- Supporting the accreditation of tertiary education facilities offering biomedical engineering courses in accordance with EA Stage 1 competencies and the Washington, Sydney and Dublin Accords.
- Recommendations and advice regarding biomedical engineering professional practice, who can provide it, where it is necessary and how to engage these services in Australia.
If you work closely with medical practitioners, health-industry professionals, or medical and vehicle safety equipment manufacturers, then the Biomedical College is an ideal home for you.