The Environmental College:
- Advances the body of knowledge that applies to the profession of Environmental Engineering
- Coordinates continuing education and professional development for its members to enhance career development
- Consults with government, industry, other professions and the community on environmental issues
- Is a vocal advocate within Engineers Australia to promote environmental policy and sustainability
- Supports all engineers to become more environmentally aware and implement sustainable practice.
Environmental College Board Call for Nominations
The Environmental College Board is seeking expressions of interest from members of Engineers Australia Environmental College to fill (up to) two College Board positions for an initial term of two years. We would welcome expressions of interest from both Chartered and non-Chartered College members.
The Environmental College Board is the peak learned society group within Engineers Australia that represents the environmental engineering discipline. The College Board:
- provides a communication channel between members of the environmental engineering community and Engineers Australia,
- provides communication across sub-divisions,
- explores environmental discipline related initiatives and provides guidance on Continuing Professional Development (CPD),
- ensures relevant CPD is available to all members of the Environmental Engineering Team, and
- recognises the achievements of members of the Environmental Engineering Team at all levels of experience.
The College Board is keen to have a diverse range of voices represented and would like to see expressions of interest from all Divisions and age groups, as well as academics. The Environmental College is also seeking to engage with Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) Engineers to contribute to the ESD expert panel.
Student and Graduate College members are not eligible to be appointed to the College Board, however there is an opportunity for them to be co-opted for a specific purpose.
If you are interested in joining the College Board please provide a short (one page) candidate statement and a CV to [email protected] by 5pm AEDT on Friday 13 December 2019. Expressions of Interest received after this time will not be considered.
More information can be found in the below document: