The Structural College is one of nine Colleges responsible for the learned society activities of Engineers Australia. The Structural College promotes the special interest of structural engineering wherever applicable and provides an avenue for structural engineers to share in the affairs of their professional body.
Structural College Board Call for Nominations
The Structural College Board are seeking expressions of interest from members of Engineers Australia Structural College to fill (up to) four College Board positions for an initial term of two years. We would welcome expressions of interest from both Chartered and non-Chartered College members.
The Structural College Board is the peak learned society group within Engineers Australia that represents the structural engineering discipline. The College Board:
- provides a communication channel between members of the structural engineering community and Engineers Australia,
- provides communication across sub-divisions,
- explores structural discipline related initiatives and provides guidance on Continuing Professional Development (CPD),
- ensures relevant CPD is available to all members of the Structural Engineering Team, and
- recognises the achievements of members of the Structural Engineering Team at all levels of experience.
The Structural College Board aims to have a diverse Board and would like to see expressions of interest from all Divisions, private practice, government and academia, as well as from Engineers, Associates and Technologists. Candidates will be assessed on their:
- ability to contribute, including their level of engagement with their engineering community (including relevant international organisations),
- eminence within the engineering community, and
- communication skills.
If you are interested in joining the College Board please provide a short (one page) candidate statement and a CV to [email protected] by 5pm AEDT on Friday 13 December 2019. Expressions of Interest received after this time will not be considered.
More information can be found in the below documents: