About the Mining, Electrical and Mining Mechanical Engineering Society (MEMMES)
Mining, Electrical and Mining Mechanical Engineering Society (MEMMES) is a special interest group that looks at engineering disciplines and their applications to mining and its associated industries and suppliers. MEMMES encourages research development and education programs that benefit the industry. Our members come from all Australian states, New Zealand and New Guinea.
P: 0488 495 620 or (02) 4946 7817
P: 0477 477 444
P: 0437 774 810 or (02) 4947 1344
Below is a list of Technical papers available for download.
- Collision Avoidance and Operator guidance - Innovating Mine Vehicle Safety - Nicky Guenther
- Mobile Substation Intertripping - Murray Timpson
- Australian Longwall Electrics History - Ron Ronnex
- Functional Safety of Water Fill Points - Grahame Vernon
- Topical Safety Issues in Mechanical Engineering - Peter Sunol
- Flexiveyor System - Kelly Roderick
- Alternate Stapleless Coupler - Gary Nauer
- Mining Health & Safety Risk Management 1980 to 2012 a Retrospective - Tony Reczek
- High Lift Coal Haulage by Belt Conveyor – The Shape of Things to Come - John Spreadborough
- Electrocution and Risk - John Waudby
- Reduction of Outbursts Through Directional Drilling - Mark MacCabe
- Proximity Detection - Are We Getting Anywhere? - Steve Bentham
- Lighting Plants - A Challenge - John Cameron
- Filters in Your Hydraulic System - Peter Whipp
- Mining Power Systems - Characteristics and Issues, presented by Zoran Bozic
Annual membership fees
- Engineers Australia Member $60.00 + GST = $66.00
- Non EA Members $90.00 + GST = $99.00
- Non Working Student Member $20.00 + GST = $22.00
- Retired Member $20.00 + GST = $22.00
Please note: For overseas residents rates are GST exempt.
Albert Weeks Award
The Albert Weeks Award recognises electrical and mechanical apprentices and trainees of the mining and support industries. For more information about the Albert Weeks Award download the application form.
Visit the Engineers Australia's Technical Society Awards page for further information.